Route Creation & Editing
Routes are created due to various reasons, the main of which are on intuition or perception on people’s boarding speculation.
- Analytics comes into play from the very inception in capturing the boarding and disembarking pattern and finding out the regular and sundry population
- Analyzing the pattern against different parameters like time, gender ratio, important stoppage sets, bus types, fare structure and other parameters is essential information that needs to be portrayed and published for feedback.
Rationalization of bus services is thus an on-going exercise to achieve the objectives of enhancing bus operation efficiency while meeting passenger demand,reducing traffic congestion and roadside emission, having regard to the changes in passenger demand and the opening of new transport infrastructure.
- Define routes as the sequence of nodes and links
- Identify whether the two routes are candidates for merger
- Score the merger candidates according to the fractional overlap
Route Traffic & Real Time Bus Tracking
Individual commuters might want to have an app downloaded in their mobiles, they would have a pictorial version of the map having the moving bus positions on real time.
- Users can decide which bus she might want to choose from what position, at what time.
- Additional to the wait time parameter, the commuter might know the relative crowding factor